Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 9 July 2012

I'm Learning So Much

Heeeellllllllloooo! Another week come and gone. I'm doing well, as is Don Valley. I was super mega tired this week, which was weird, but other then that I am doing SOOOOO fantastically!! I just adore being a missionary.
 
Well, every week we choose one key indicator to focus on and then create a plan of action of how we are going to accomplish our goal and last week we focused on scheduling people for baptism. And normally it takes all week to accomplish our goal, but we were able to do it on TUESDAY!! Miraculous! I think there has been only one other time that my main goal has been accomplished that early. :) So that was super happy.
 
Hey and I'm sorry about how rubbish I am about writing letters. I know some people have written me (and not exactly recently . . . ) and I still haven't replied. Just know that I still love you! I am trying to find time, but everything just happens too quickly here and p-day seems like they end before they even begin. But I should be getting some letters out today, we are taking a more relaxing p-day. One with less elders and more sleeping. :)

I only have 7 months left . . . this is freaking me out. My year mark is in a month.
 
I would like to tell you all about my companions and the things I have learned from each of them. My mom (the sister who trained me), Sister Smith, goes home in a week. I'm actually really sad about it. She taught me so much and she really helped me to overcome my shyness, at the beginning, because I reverted into my shell really bad when I came out into the field. She honestly taught me everything I know about being a missionary.
 
Second Sister Terry, my follow up trainer. She is the most tender girl I have ever met. She taught me how to relax a bit. Even when things get bad, if we just stay calm things turn out pretty much the same as they would have if I had been stressing. She also taught me to just be HAPPY!!
 
Then Sister Evans. She taught me that I don't want to be the dreaded companion. I never want people to be scared around me. I want my companions to feel loved and appreciated, not like they are always in trouble. She also taught me to not care what people think about me and that if I'm just myself, people will like me more. I also learned that I need to take more initiative.
 
With Sister Brown I learned that being LOUD and CRAZY is SO MUCH FUN!! And to not be embarrassed to just laugh and act kind of dumb. I also learned how much I had grown as a missionary and that I actually knew how to follow the Spirit.
 
Then my beloved Sister Freeman. She taught me how to be myslef. I don't need to act different around each person. I learned to love myself. I learned why God loves me. I learned that when the Lord puts you somewhere with a person he wants you to grow. Sister Freeman is ME and I am HER. I know that I am her best friend, and she is one of mine. My life physically altered when I served around her.
 
Then there is my wonderful daughter, Sister Harrop. She has taught me that I actually kind of know what I'm doing and has shown me that the Lord trusts me. :) 

I am a changed person. I am not who I was before. I have a faith and a courage that I never knew was possible.
 
Know that I love you all and that I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and Redeemer and this Work is just absolutely inspired!! <3
 
Have a good week!!
 
<3,
Sestra Stoutova

No comments:

Post a Comment