Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Happy 4th!

Hi family and friends!!
 
This week was pretty fun. We taught Slovakians and ate A LOT of food. Haha. Slovakians LOVE to just feed us at every appointment. Pretty darn hilarious. And my stomach is always stuffed to the max.
 
I absolutely love being a missionary. there is honestly nothing to compare it to. There is nothing else that you can do in this life that can even slightly measure up. We, as members of the church, try really hard to be missionaries, but that can be so difficult with also having real life to take care of. None of us have that here. We just wake up at 6:30 every morning, work out, study, and then WORK. All day, everyday. Glorious, glorious work. I have never been so motivated to try my best at anything like I am motivated to do my best on my mission. And if there is anyone who is unhappy doing the work, it's because they aren't doinng the work. Honestly, the greatest secret of missionary work is WORK. Working has brought me this unknown level of happiness that I never want to get rid of. Thinking about that time makes my stomach churn.
 
Today is P-DAY! And you all know how I love to tell of my adventures on this day, so now I will. :)
 
We went to this national park called the Peak District. It was WAY epic and fun. We played in some forests and on some rocks and we stared at some sheep and some squirels and then I fell in a mud pile. But it was all apart of the wilderness experience! :D We did it as a whole zone, so that was really fun!
 
Also, last week I got to go to Leadership Training, since I'm training Sister Harrop and that was pretty fantastical! President Lindley just dropped all kinds of knowledge on us. And his knowledge is the best kind. Next to the prophet, and, of course first and foremost, Heavenly Father. :) 
 
But I think that's about it for now. . . I love you all SOOO much!!
 
<3,
Sestra Stoutova

ps - The thing with Devon is pretty hilarious!! Haha, unfortunate, obviously, because he chopped his finger off, but funny, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment