Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 5 September 2011

I've Snipered...Haha

Hello EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

This week was pretty intense here. . . one of our investigators texted us Tuesday night and was saying he was gonna end his life. So we dropped what we were doing and spent nearly two hours telling him why that was not the right way to handle things. So, that was something I never thought I would experience. He is still alive, which is a blessing. But he is very depressed. But apart from that experience, things have been good! We scheduled three more for baptism. Oh, one of our other investigators was telling us about how since he has been investigating the Mormon church . . . a mole that he's had for as long as he can remember and always gave him problems, has mysteriously disappeared! IT'S A MIRICLE! I guess the Lord really does work in mysterious ways! :D :D :D

I have been experiencing some mild home sickness. . . but I know that it's just because I'm scared to push myself out of my comfort zone. Haha, but the missionaries here are quickly curing me of the dreaded 'comfort zone'. Two days ago, our zone leaders came down to see how we street contact and knock. At the end of street contacting, Elder Pahrem said that we couldn't leave until I had snipered someone. Which is to see someone who is far away from you, then yell out to them to get their attention, then you run up to them and start talking to them. Ugh, I did NOT want to do it. At all. But I did. . . .and it wasn't as difficult as I made it out to be. :)

Lucky, getting to be at the cabin. :) It sounds fun! I can't believe that I've been in Redcar for almost two weeks now. Oh my goodness. It feels like it's been way longer then that. Haha, but also shorter, at the same time. I keep getting told that the time will speed up . . . kind of looking forward to that moment. Oh, tell Aunt Ashley congrats! Also, send me a picture of the baby! I love that you sent me a picture of Cassie and Whitney. . . NEVER hesitate to send me pictures! :D Oh my goodness, I love Cass and Whit. . . and I miss them. And I miss all of you. Pictures are wonderful things.

NO! I have not driven yet. . . I have to take two lessons first. . . and I'm actually slightly terrified of driving . . . hahah. I'm sure it will be good though. I will eventually! But not many areas use cars. We are lucky that Redcar covers so much area, otherwise we would be walkers. But I'm sure I will learn how to drive eventually!

I love everyone and I LOOOVVVVEEEE getting letters! Oh my, I got five this week and it was GREAT!

LOVE,
Sister Stout

ps. Oh! I got a letter from Elder Davies mom! It was so sweet! It warmed my heart! :D

pps. I got letters from Cabel and Whitney as well, and tell Whit to send me a picture of her new hair! I want to see it soooooo bad! I bet it's amazing!

ppps. MOM! I love you with all of my heart! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment