Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Here's What's Up!

Weeellll, this week should have been a 'bad' week. Considering I have been sick for exactly seven days today. SEVEN! Yes, I am still sick. But it hasn't been that bad. It's helping me to find out just how tough I am. Normally at any signs of illness I just get in my bed and watch telly for a couple of days. But here. . . I just want to work work work! Hahaha.
So, last Monday, something very exciting happened! In the morning we got a call from one of Sister Smith's former investigators. She was very surprised that he called! But he said that he had to talk to us that night. Sister Smith told me that the reason he was a FORMER investigator was because she had a dream that her and her comp should drop him. So they did. But now, about six months later, he calls us up and we met with him and then . . . he asked US if he can be baptized! Haha. It was amazing! He said that once the sisters stopped coming by that his life went down the tubes. And once he knew what it was like to have that faith in his life, he didn't want to live without it! It was incredible! It was a miracle! Haha, Sister Smith was inspired, the time that he had to learn on his own was exactly what he needed in order to fully commit himself to the gospel!
On Tuesday, I FELL DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS. Oh my goodness, it was terrifying. I just lost my footing, fell on my bum and slipped more than half way down. Hahaha, I have the grossest looking bruise on the top of my foot. But I'm okay. It was more scary then anything. I'm so clumsy. :) The stairs were very narrow and steep though. . . .
I am feeling much more comfortable every single day. It was hard at first, and it is still difficult, but seriously, every day it gets easier and easier. I love that. The Lord is most definitely carrying me. I couldn't do it without him!
I don't have quite as much time to write today, as we are going to Middlesbrough to pick up the Elders serving there and then going to Hartlepoole (sp?) to go to the beach for our district p-day (we're just eating and playing sports. . . no water for us :). Also the reason we didn't have p-day yesterday was because we had a mission tour. It was spectacular! So inspirational.
LOOOOOVE,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment