Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Hey mom (and family)

No I haven't gotten either boxes. :( I hope I get them soon. . . You should be getting some pictures from the MTC from when we went on the Church History Tour, which was WAY fun, by the way. We got to go to where some of the early missionaries lived and then we also went to where President Hinckley got his letter fom his dad . . . well you know the story. It was way fun! It was nice to get out of the MTC anyway. :)

Everything is going SO well! My teaching is really improving! I am getting so much better. At first my comp and I would talk realy fast, no silences or anything, but that is so much different than how it is now. We are 'teaching' a Jewish woman and the last lesson we had with her she said that she is starting to have faith in Jesus Christ! So that is way exciting. . . and she isn't just easy on us because we are new missionaries, she said that me and my comp were the only ones to actually get her to have faith in Christ! Haha, not that I'm boasting . . . it's just exciting!
There are four of us going to Leeds in my district, me and my comp and two elders. My whole district is fantastic and hilarious! We all have so much fun together. One of the Elders said last night that it seems like we have all known each other for years. . . and it really does. It's crazy how short of an amount of time it has actually been! Haha. We spend so much time together, because we are in class by district and we have class for at least 8 hours a day.
I leave the MTC next Wednesday. :D I am so excited to go to the field, but I love the MTC so much! So it's a bittersweet situation. But mostly sweet. :)
I played volleyball with my zone yesterday and I hurt my right wrist. . . remember how I said I thought I had carpal tunnel in that wrist from knitting? Yeah, well, now it's way more irritated. But it's honestly not too bad.

Well, I am going to send you pictures, and I need some time to figure out how to do it, so I'm gonna leave this one short. But I'm learning and growing a lot and having so much fun!
I LOVE YOU ALL :D,
Sister Stout

ps. Tell every one I love them and I miss you all, but it's really not bad. It's so great here!

pps.  I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH MOMMA!

(She couldn't figure out how to send the pics :(  Oh well, maybe next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment