Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Wednesday 10 August 2011

First Email and She's Loving It!

OHHHH, I'm so sorry for not writing yesterday. They told us p-day would be yesterday, but the temple was closed until today, so . . . yeah. :) Sorry!

Everything is going wonderfully! There are five other sister missionaries here and they are all great. My companion's name is Sister Belliston, she's from Logan, is super sweet, and was homeschooled as well! She is absolutly great! My district is really nice as well. We are the only sisters in our district, but the Elders are really great. We have three Elders from England and one from Austrialia in the district. We are all getting along really well. They get distracted really easily, but when they talk it reminds me of being home with all of those boys hanging out at our house. Like yesterday or two days ago they had this super long drawn out argument over how to say the letter Z. The English say Zed, we say Zee. . . you know. Just a lot of arguments. But pleasant arguments. I really enjoy it, but I think other sisters get annoyed, a bit. But out of all of the sisters I am, at least, tied for first on the outgoing level, which I know will make you happy, mom. :)

I'm doing really well. Like really, really well. You know how I've always had a hard time speaking up in class and stuff. . . that's all gone. I am literally not even the tiniest bit afraid of any of that. I have also taught three lessons so far, and some were better than others. My favorite one was when we were teaching this Jewish woman . . . it was awesome. The other two were alright. I still have a lot to learn! All of my teachers here have been fantastic as well! It's almost strange just how much I think I've changed in the last . . . wow, it hasn't even been a week! I feel so much more comfortable and confident, it's crazy. Not as comfortable and confident as I know I can be, but I'm getting there.

I've been having a little bit of a hard time sleeping, or at least getting to sleep. But the beds are really comfy and nice. The food is also fantastic! We get dessert pretty much every dinner, but I'm working out pretty darn good, so I'm not too worried about that. :)

We get lots and lots and lots of studying time. But then again it feels like not enough. A single day seems to last days and days. But not in a bad way.

England is beautiful! Lots and lots of liquid sunshine (as Sister Walker, the president's wife and President Hinckley's oldest daughter, says)! We went to the temple and that was amazing as well, I felt the spirit so strong!

I would love more letters! Anything would be nice. I got the one you sent right away, but I wouldn't complain about getting more. ;)  TELL THE KIDS TO WRITE ME. And Whitney! PLEEEAAASSSEEE!

I will be sending the family a letter today and hopfully there will be pictures along with it. It just depends on if I can get them developed in town today.
Well, I only have five more minutes. And I feel like I want to say so much but don't quite know what to say. . .

I love you all and I miss you (but I haven't even cried since I got here, which is good, I didn't want to be too homescick). I feel a tad homesick now as I'm writing this, but it's been really great!

I know that I'm doing the right thing by serving the Lord. I love this Gospel so so much and I am so honored to be a missionary in England!

Love,
Sister Stout

I know that this church is true! Heavenly Father loves us all so much!
Have a super special Wednesday and I will have a great rest of my p-day! :)
Love you!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment