Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 27 February 2012

I Love My Saviour!

Hello dearest ones,
This week has gone by sooooo slow. It feels like the transfer should be over already, but alas, it is only going on week three. Our investigators have been going through some tough and hard times and we've just been working though it with them. 
Other than that though, I am doing wonderfully!! :) Life in the mission is good, and we are seeing miracles everyday! I just LOVE being a missionary with all of my heart! Being able to see people change their lives for the better is such a blessing!
I wish there was more to write, but everything is pretty much the same week to week. :) I know my emails just seem to be getting shorter and shorter. . . but I promise that everything is really going well!!
Man oh man, I want to tell you something epic.  Okay, I just thought of something that happened last night, it's not really EPPPPPICCC, but it was really good. We went by a potential investigator, who said he would come to church, but he didn't. We tried to get a return appointment, but he kept declining. I then felt really strongly I needed to give him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and to ask him about life after death. He then mentioned his father and brother who had passed on, but that no one has ever given him a straight answer of where they have gone, which is why he has given up on religion. I told him that I knew the answer and I just bore my testimony of how I knew he would see his father and brother again. And now we have an appointment to teach him more on Tuesday. :)
I love this work and I love my Saviour!
Sister Ali Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment