Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Seeing the Good

Wow. Missionary work is SO hard sometimes. When you put your all into something, but then people still choose to use their agency in a negative way. And all those who know me, know that on occasion I struggle to keep upbeat and positive. . . so that was my week this week. But I know that even weeks like these are for the best. I have learned a lot and I know that Heavenly Father loves me and just wants me to grow from this experience. It was nothing too dreadful that happened, it was mostly me just being a pitysuck. So, yeah. It happens. But because of my slightly sour attitude this week, I have decided to keep a journal for the things I am grateful for. Some of the things I have written in the last couple of days are: Blue skies, hilarious conversations with random strangers, HILARIOUS gypsies, baptismal services, how much the Slovaks LOVE to sing (their favourite is God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again, or in Slovak, Boh bud' s vami, which they sing every week in Sacrament as the intermediate hymn hahaha), and being an obedient missionary. So it has helped me to see the good and wonderful things I have and that I get to experience.
 
I love this area and I've been taking it for granted the last little while. But I have a feeling that my time here is running out, so I'm going to just enjoy it while I have it. This place is the promise land of missionary work and I have been so blessed to see so many miracles!
 
I love you all and I will talk to you next week.
 
<3,
Sestra Ali Stoutova

No comments:

Post a Comment