Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 5 December 2011

Tis the Season

Today is my four month mark! :D Haha . . . . so this week has been good. I was a bit sick for a bit of it and my feet are killing me. . . . but that's my own fault for being too lazy to buy new, comfy shoes. :)
 
But the thing about living in England in the winter is that it is MAJORLY COLD. The beginning of the week felt really bad, but as the week has gone on, the temperature has gotten lower, but I've been able to handle it better. So I'm acclimating, which is very good.
 
Ummmmmm, I can honestly say that this was the most blurred week of my life!  I'm having a hard time remembering what happened yesterday, let alone what happened earlier in the week.
 
OH! RIGHT! Haha, I remember what we did yesterday! We took two of our investigators to a Christmas fireside in Hartlepool. So it was a two hour bus ride one way. LONGEST THING EVER! But the fireside was wonderful! Our investigators liked it. And they kept asking me to show them pictures of my house so we did that on the way. Haha, he said that our house was 'mint'.
 
We had zone meeting on Wednesday, as well. We all had to make lists of things that we were grateful for and we gave them to the zone leaders and they went through them all to find common things that everyone was grateful for. They said that pretty much everyone had the same things EXCEPT for ONE person. Which just happened to be me. They read off most of my list (which had cute baby animals, old people's stories, yarn, and that moment when you are SO TIRED, but because you are just THAT TIRED you are extremely hyper, so you can't fall asleep, but it doesn't matter because you are having THAT MUCH FUN. . . . yes, I am turning into THAT kind of person). But it was super fun!

OH, RIGHT CHRISTMAS! For our flat, a member gave us a FIVE FOOT FIBREOPTIC TREE! It is SO incredibly EPIC. Sister Terry and I love it! We have also hung up some tinsel and we bought advent calenders, which are AMAZING!  So yes, mum, to answer your question, we did decorate for Christmas! :D

And to answer your other questions, NO, there are ZERO English people in my zone. Weird, I know!  Also, I don't feel like I have an accent at all, but I can DEFINITELY hear the American accent now. It is SO STRANGE. So harsh sounding. . . :)

Anyway, I don't have much time today, so I must dash.
 
<3,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment